Speech Therapy at Oak Fence Congregate
Speech Therapists at Oak Fence are dedicated to the treatment of speech and communication disorders through their therapeutic techniques and physical exercises to strengthen the muscles used in speech, oral-motor, and speech drills to improve, or sound productions practice to improve articulation.
Therapy Techniques include areas of:
- Articulation problems:Not speaking clearly and making errors in sounds.
- Fluency problems:Trouble with the flow of speech, such as stuttering.
- Resonance or voice problems:Trouble with voice pitch, volume and quality.
- Oral feeding problems:Difficulty with eating, swallowing and drooling.
Speech Therapist also help those with debilitative functioning in the areas of:
- Receptive language problems:Trouble understanding (receiving) language.
- Expressive language problems:Trouble speaking (expressing) language.
- Pragmatic language problems:Trouble using language in socially appropriate ways.
- Articulation therapy:The therapist models the sounds a patient has difficulty with. This might include demonstrating how to move the tongue to create specific sounds.
- Feeding and swallowing therapy: Teaches the patient exercises to strengthen the muscles of the mouth. This might include facial massage and various tongue, lip and jaw exercises. Therapist, might also use different food textures to encourage awareness during eating and swallowing.
*Oak Fence Congregate also assists with Swallow Evaluations
Our dedicated and professional staff accepts referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Oak Fence Congregate Living Health Facility
License # 550002982
24 hour Referrals
Phone: (661) 754-3669
Fax: (661) 464-3919
Phone: (661) 270-2140
Fax: (661) 418-5166